Friday, September 23, 2011

God

(Posted by AR -- Bill's velveteen rabbit companion)

One of the truly amazing things about humans is how they always want to discuss how they feel about God and religion.  Now, my head is admittedly full of stuffing, but here's the way I see it.

Either there is a God or there isn't a God.  I suppose that there could be a God only on the first Tuesday of every month or southwest of Cincinnati, but that prospect makes the stuffing in my head hurt.

If there isn't a God, humans are spending their time arguing about nothing.  Considering the number of Chicago Cubs fans out there, however, this type of irrational behavior among humans is totally believable.

If there is a God, though, I ask you -- would the omnipotent Creator of the universes lose a lot of sleep over whether any of the humans debating His/Her/Its existence reached a positive conclusion?  I think that humans must think rather too much of themselves.

But I'm avoiding the question, I suppose -- do I believe in God?  Look, guys, I'm a rabbit.  A stuffed rabbit, to boot.  I believe in carrots and sex.  Maybe you find that shallow -- but it's certainly more intelligent than rooting for the Cubs (the baseball team -- not the species).  But I'll tell you one thing: if, when the time comes, I go to that great landfill in the sky, and I find out that there isn't a God, I'm going to miss Him (Her/It -- OK, PC enough?)

No comments:

Post a Comment